We aim to provide a high standard of personal medical care to all our patients at all times.
We could not achieve this without the participation and support of our practice nurses, our reception and administrative staff and our district nurses, health visitors and midwives.
This charter sets out the standards that we undertake to achieve and also ways in which you can help us to help you.
Our Commitment to You
- You can expect to be greeted in a friendly, helpful and professional manner (no dragons allowed!).
- If you have an urgent problem you will be offered an appointment to see the Doctor on the same day.
- For routine appointments we expect to be able to offer you an appointment with a doctor within two working days.
- All home visit requests will be met the same day where medically necessary.
- Every effort is made for surgeries to run on time, but you will appreciate that some consultations take much longer than others and it is not always possible to predict in advance which these will be. If the delay is more than 20 minutes, the receptionist will offer an explanation and give opportunity for you to book an alternative appointment if you are unable to wait.
- You can be assured of complete confidentiality at all times by staff members and students being taught in the practice.
- Where possible referral letters to the hospital will be dispatched within 5 working days of your appointment.
- We will respect your need for dignity, privacy and your religious and cultural beliefs.
- If you are disabled or have special needs we will ensure your needs will be met.
- You have a right to see your medical records (subject to medico-legal limitations). Please note that a charge may be applied.
- You can expect a full and prompt reply to any complaint you make about our services.
How You Can Help Us to Help You
- Our practice staff are here to help you. Please treat them as you would wish to be treated yourself. We will not tolerate people being abusive to our staff.
- Please let the surgery know as soon as soon as possible if you cannot keep your appointment. This will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient.
- Only request a home visit if the patient is too ill to come to the surgery. Visits requested before 10:30 are likely to be attended to more quickly.
- An appointment is for one person only. If more than one member of your family needs to be seen, please book an extra appointment. If you have several problems please book a double appointment to help us run to time.
- Please let us know when you change your name, address or telephone number.
- We are always happy to receive constructive suggestions as to how we can improve our services.